Most of the bed frames are designed for people of average weight. Due to this, heavy persons do not get the needed support and they may always be annoyed because of the squeaking sound. This may end up becoming a nightmare for them instead of peaceful sleep.
What Makes a Bed Frame Suitable for Heavy Person?
Following things make the bed suitable for heavy person
|Greater support can be achieved with a greater number of legs. So, when the bed frame has more than four legs, it becomes suitable for heavy persons.|
Greater Weight Capacity
|As compared to the average weight capacity, the bed frame for heavy persons must have a greater weight capacity in order to be comfortable for the user.|
Top 10 Best Adjustable Bed Frames for Heavy Persons
1. Zinus Michelle Compack Adjustable Steel Bed Frame
First up, we have the Zinus Michelle adjustable bed frame. It is specially designed to provide extra support and stability to people who are heavier. This is one of the best box spring frames for heavy persons. What we love the most about this bed are its recessed legs. Hence, getting in bed and getting out of bed becomes easy.
- Product Dimensions: 70.5 x 60 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 20 pounds
- Additional Legs: This Zinus bed frame becomes suitable for heavy persons because it comes with three additional legs to provide greater support and stability.
- Center Support Bar: The center support bar combines with the three additional legs in the center to give the most amazing support.
- Effortlessly Adjustable: With minimum effort, you can adjust the size of the frame and put a suitable sized mattress on it.
- Easy Assembly: The whole package comes with everything that you may need to put the bed frame together with the least effort.
We love the fact that you can adjust the size according to your need. With greater stability and support, you can say goodbye to the squeaking and hello to a good night’s sleep!
The only drawback of this bed frame is that even though the assembly is pretty easy, it may take a longer time to be assembled mainly because it comes with a number of bolts.
- Affordable price
- Greater stability and support
- Adjusts to different sizes
- Made with premium quality steel
- Assembly time is longer
2. Linenspa 14 Inch Folding Metal Platform Bed Frame
Here we have a popular bed frame by Linenspa, it is a foldable design that can be put away whenever you like. It is suitable for heavy people because of its tremendous support. Even though it is a traditional style bed frame but it works amazingly. With the additional legs, it gives the support that is missing in a typical bed.
- Product Dimensions: 39 x 75 x 14 inches
- Item Weight: 22 pounds
- Decent Weight Capacity: The Lininspa bed frame has a weight capacity of 750 pounds which is pretty decent. Along with that, it has a grid surface design and anti-slip treads which make it even more stable making it a perfect choice for heavy people.
- Storage Space: This frame is 14-inches so it makes a pretty decent storage space of 13-inches. You can store all the boxes that may be lying around the house underneath it.
- Suitable for All Mattresses: There are some frames that are only suitable for specific mattresses. However, this one works with all mattresses.
We love that it has a simple design and is pretty easy to assemble. You can easily fold it but the only drawback of this frame is that its size cannot be adjusted. But you can easily use it as a temporary bed for guests.
- Steel support braces
- Additional legs
- Simple design
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Size cannot be adjusted
3. Classic Brands Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base
This Classic Brands adjustable bed base is one of those that we dream about. It is not only comfortable but it also has a variety of advanced features that give the ultimate comfort after a tiring day!
- Product Dimensions: 41 x 41 x 9 inches
- Item Weight: 103 pounds
- Adjustable Elevation: This Classic Brands bed frame allows programmable adjustment of the elevation. You can adjust the elevation positions according to your need.
- Technologically Advanced Features: The unique yet technologically advanced features include head and foot massage, USB ports, and wireless remote.
- Adjustable Legs: The height of the legs can also be adjusted according to the need.
The only drawback of this adjustable bed frame is that, even though it is adjustable, it may not be able to support the weight of two people.
- Head and foot massage
- Mattress retention rail
- Easy to assemble
- May not support two people who are very heavy
4. Classic Brands Hercules Universal Heavy-Duty Metal Bed Frame
Here we have another adjustable bed frame by Classic Brands. It is one of the best bed frames for overweight people mainly because it has a decent weight capacity of 550 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 79 x 9 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 26 pounds
- 7 Legs with Locking Wheels: Unlike typical bed frames, this heavy-duty bed frame has three middle legs which provide maximum support to an obese person.
- Attaches to Headboard: It doesn’t come with a headboard but it is capable of being attached to a headboard.
- Interlocking Frame: The interlocking frame makes it extremely easy to assemble and it ensures that all the parts of the frame are secure in place.
With its quality construction, high support, and stability, this class brands heavy duty bed frame also becomes one of the best choices for heavy persons.
- Superior quality steel construction
- Outstanding black finish
- Adjustable width
- The assembly of this bed frame is tricky
5. STRUCTURES by Malouf Heavy Duty 9-Leg Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
Whenever you are buying a bed for a heavy person, you must keep in mind the number of legs. Well, the Malouf heavy-duty adjustable metal bed frame has the ideal number of legs which is 9. So, no matter how heavy or thick of a mattress you put on it, it will feel comfortable because of the support provided by the heavy-duty frame.
- Product Dimensions: 72 x 9 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 32 pounds
- Mobility + Safety: The coolest thing about this mattress is that you can roll it anywhere you like. Along with that, the rolls come with locks that lock them in place. So, you don’t have to worry about safety either.
- Adjustable Design: The adjustable design allows you to adjust the mattress of any kind.
We highly recommend it for those people who have to move around the bed a lot. You can even push it out in the living room during movie nights.
The only thing that we don’t really like about this bed frame is that it doesn’t fit king-sized mattresses well. Or, they may be too big for this bed frame.
- Attractive matte black finish
- Easy to move around
- Easy adjustability
- Greater number of legs
- Not suitable for king size bed
6. King Size Metal Bed Frame-7 Inch Heavy Duty Bedframe
Let us tell you something flabbergasting! This king-size bed frame by Noah Megatron is capable of supporting 3000 pounds!!! Yeah, you heard that right! It can be one of the best bed frames for heavy couples. Mainly because, of its tremendous weight capacity.
- Product Dimensions: 76 x 76 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 25.3 pounds
- 9 Legs Support: This King size bed has additional legs for support. The additional legs make it a perfect choice for heavy persons.
- Compact Packaging: The packaging of this bed frame is pretty compact hence, carrying it from one place to another becomes super easy.
- Integrated Design: The integrated design of this bed frame allows assembly within 10 minutes.
Even though it has 9 legs and can support 3000 pounds, it doesn’t have middle support. So, if it is used by a couple it is likely to squeak.
- 100% recyclable material used in packaging
- Easy transportation
- Convenient design
- Superb weight capacity
- The center support is missing
7. Blissful Nights e3 Queen Adjustable Bed Base
Here we have another adjustable bed frame for obese people. The motors are quiet and allow you to adjust the head and foot incline according to your need.
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 40 x 14 inches
- Item Weight: 119 pounds
- Adjustability: The adjustability of the bed allows you to have peaceful sleep because you can adjust the height of the feet and reduce the soreness of the body. It also relieves joint pressure.
- Easy Assembly: All you need to do is screw-in the legs and a few other parts and the bed base will be all ready to be used.
- Steel-frame Construction: The frame is constructed with steel; it is pretty strong and durable.
- Provides health benefits
- Relieves pressure from the body
- Adjustable legs
- No tools assembly
- Quite expensive as compared to others
8. Classic Brands 126019-5150 Adjustable Comfort
Looking for the best bed frame for a heavy person? Well, this is a pretty good option!
Classic Brands is known to make some of the best adjustable bed frames; hence, we have another one of their creations. It is manufactured with metal and is available in multiple sizes.
- Product Dimensions: 79 x 59 x 15 inches
- Item Weight: 110 pounds
- Ergonomic Features: One of the best features of these bed frames is that you can adjust the position with just a touch of a button. You can make the adjustment while you are reading, playing games, or even watching a movie.
- Mattress Retention Rail: The mattress retention rail prevents the bed from sliding when its position is raised.
- Easy Assembly: The assembly takes place without using any tools.
Not all people may be able to afford it because of its high price.
- Provides ultimate comfort
- Ensures support and stability
- Advanced features
- The price is high
9. Olee Sleep 7 Inch Compact Steel Box Spring and Mattress Set Bed Frame
Here we have another bed frame for an overweight person. It has an adjustable size; it is completely safe to use and the best thing is that it provides support that heavy individuals require in order to have peaceful sleep.
- Product Dimensions: 76 x 75.9 x 7.5 inches
- Item Weight: 20.6 pounds
- Size Adjustability: By adjusting the width of the bed frame, you can fix different sizes of mattresses on it. The size can be adjusted with the joint system.
- Raised Posts: The raised posts make sure that the bed remains in place and doesn’t wobble.
- Extra Storage Space: Underneath the bed frame, there is enough storage space so you can easily keep your belongings there.
The assembly may not be as smooth. Especially for people who have no prior experience of assembling the bed frames.
- Easy to transport
- Greater support and stability
- Hard to assemble
10. zizin Queen Bed Frame for Box Spring Heavy Duty
Lastly, we have another amazing adjustable bed that has the capability to support 3000 pounds. Sounds shocking, right? But it is actually true! It ends up being the best bed frame for heavy couples.
- Product Dimensions: 76 x 60 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 23.1 pounds
- 9-legs: This sturdy and durable bed frame comes with 9 legs which provide greater support to the user.
- Locking System: The locking system ensures the safety of the bed frame.
- Anti-slip Treads: The anti-slip treads prevent the bed from moving around.
The only drawback of this bed is that the frame may be smaller for king-sized beds. So, if you have a king-sized mattress, it is better than you opt for any other bed frame.
- Heavy duty
- Comes with headboard brackets
- Greater leg support
- For a king-sized mattress, the frame may be small
Buying Considerations for Best Bed Frames for Heavy People:
Number of Legs
When it comes to buying an adjustable bed frame for a heavy person, then it is essential to have a greater number of legs. A typical bed frame has four legs, however, there are bed frames that have six or even nine legs. The greater the number of legs, the greater support. Also, there will be no squeaking or creaking.
Some bed frames don’t have the middle support in their construction. Lack of middle support can lead to squeaking and creaking. So, make sure that you pick out a bed frame that comes with middle support.
Material and Construction
The material and construction of the bed frame should be very strong. As they both contribute to the longevity of the bed frame. Alongside, they also make sure the obese person gets the needed support. So, the stronger the material, the more weight it will be able to support.
Higher quality material should be used in the construction of the bed frame. Mostly, the bed frames are made with steel so superior quality steel should be used in order to make it durable. So, make sure that the product you are getting has high-quality material used and is also built well.
Different bed frames and even mattresses have a different weight capacity. Some have a weight capacity as low as 200 pounds while some have a weight capacity as high as 3000 pounds. Now, you have to pick out the weight capacity smartly.
First, you need to figure out how much you weigh, or you need to figure out how much the other heavy person weighs. Once you know the weight of the user, you need to figure out whether the bed will be shared or not.
Then you can make a rational decision about the suitable weight capacity. If it is just one person who weighs 300 pounds then a bed frame with a weight capacity of 1000-4000 pounds is pretty good.
Two things you must know:
- Weight of the user
- Whether the bed will be shared or not
Packaging and Transportation
Once you have made the decision of getting a specific bed frame, then you must be aware of its packaging and transportation as well. The bed frame should be packaged compactly with materials to prevent the frame from dents and dings. Secondly, it should be easy to transport from one place to another.
After receiving the package, the next step is its assembly. You certainly don’t want to spend hours just to put together a bed frame. It is better that you get your hands-on bed frames which are pretty easy to assemble.
Try to opt for those that don’t require any tools for assembly. On average, a bed frame should take about 10 to 30 minutes to be completely put together. So, try to stay away from complexities.
Then comes safety. The beds are soft, cozy, and warm. However, at times, if the bed frame is not properly locked or if the rollers are not locked in place, it can end up being dangerous for you.
Try to get your hands-on bed frames that are safe. Make sure that the locking systems are properly functional.
Lastly, you will come across bed frames that are worth more than $800, and then you will even come across some that are under $100. The choice is yours to make based upon your need and your budget.
If you don’t have a limited budget then you can opt for super fancy, technologically advanced adjustable bed bases. But you can also get a comfortable bed with a cheaper bed frame that functions well. Make the choice that is suitable for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How much weight can a bed frame hold?
A typical bed frame has the ability to hold about 400-500 pounds. However, the bed frames that are specifically designed for obese or heavy persons have the ability to hold about 1000-4000 pounds. So, the weight capacity of the bed frames varies depending upon their brand, use, price, and other features as well.
Q. Are metal bed frames adjustable?
Metal bed frames can be adjustable but it doesn’t mean that all of them are. Some of the metal bed frames are not adjustable, they just stay in place. The metal bed frames that are adjustable basically have an adjustable width. So, the size of the bed frame can be adjusted according to the size of the mattress.
If you have a comfortable mattress lying in the house then all you need to do is get your hands on an adjustable bed frame that has a greater weight capacity. By doing this, you will be all set to sleep without any squeaking.
Q. Can a bed frame collapse?
It certainly can! Only if the bed frame is not put together properly. If the screws or the bolts are not handled carefully, there can definitely be a collapse.
Although it is rare, there is another possibility that if you put a greater load on the bed frame it may collapse if it doesn’t have the ability to support the load.
A heavy person will never be comfortable on a bed that is designed for average-weight people. The idea behind this article is to spread awareness about bed frames that are specifically designed for heavy people. So, the heavier people can get a good night’s sleep without any squeaking and creaking.
We picked out the top 10 best adjustable bed frames for heavy persons, hope you will find that suits your need out of those.
No more staying still in the bed all night to avoid squeaking of the bed!