Really looking forward to living the high life? Well, you can get started by getting your hands on the best air mattress for everyday use!
Air mattresses provide relief from the aches and the firmness of the air mattresses can be adjusted as well. Above all, they are available at affordable prices as compared to other kinds of mattresses.
Also, check out: Best Temporary Beds for Guests
Here is a comparison table of Best Air Mattress for daily usage!
|Product||Inflated Height||Pump Included||Price|
||19"||Yes (two pumps included)||View Price|
Hold on! stop dreaming of a cloud-like air mattress for a second, let’s go through the buying considerations.
Things to consider before buying the Best Air Mattress
It is usually thought that the air mattresses are affordable as compared to other mattresses and it is true. However, there are some which can be quite expensive as well. So, all the people out there who have a limited budget, make sure to evaluate your budget and compare prices.
- Check out the Best King Mattress Under $1000
Adjustment of firmness
The firmness of the mattress is very important. A mattress that is not firm at all will not be able to provide support to your back. So, make sure that the firmness can be adjusted so you can adjust it according to your need and comfort level.
All those people who have back issues should ensure the firmness of the mattress so that their back can remain aligned.
Durability and life of the mattress
The air mattresses’ average life is four years. However, if the mattress is made with durable materials, it may last you longer.
If you compare the life of an air mattress with a regular mattress, you will find out that the air mattress’s life is not as long as a regular mattress.
But then again, the air mattresses are less expensive.
The greatest benefit is that you enjoy the utmost comfort through an air mattress and bedridden people don’t get sores. Look for an air mattress that will last you for four years or more.
Air mattress topper
Most of the air mattresses do come with air mattress topper however, you might find some that may not come with an air mattress topper.
Without an air mattress topper, you may not enjoy a comfortable sleep so look for an air mattress that does have an air mattress topper.
Also, if you get your hands on an amazing air mattress then you can buy the air mattress topper separately.
A very crucial thing to consider when buying air mattresses is that the air mattress must not have any leaks or punctures.
If the mattress has leaks then you will not be able to inflate it properly. Inflating and deflating an air mattress should be easy but if there are leaks or punctures then inflating it will not be possible. An air mattress with punctures is useless.
Size of the mattress
While considering other considerations, don’t forget the size of the mattress. You don’t want the wrong size of the mattress, right?
Just like other mattresses, air mattresses also come in different sizes. Depending upon the number of people who are going to sleep on the mattress, you can pick out the right size.
For a single person, the queen-sized air mattress will be a pretty decent size and then when it comes to two people or a couple, they can look for a king-sized bed or even bigger size of the mattress.
Just make sure that you get the right size of the air mattress!
You need to consider the storage of the air mattress when it is not in use. The biggest benefit of an air mattress, when it comes to storage is that it occupies very little space when deflated.
So, you can easily store it in your storeroom or any other storage space that you may have. Later, you can inflate it and put it to use again.
Air mattresses are very versatile because you don’t necessarily have to use them for bedrooms, you can put them on the floor for hosting guests and you can even travel with them.
People who like to go camping can take an air mattress with them and enjoy a good night’s sleep in the middle of nowhere.
After looking at the buying considerations, we can move on to the best air mattresses.
List of Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
1. Intex Dura-Beam Deluxe Comfort Plush Elevated Airbed Series
- Pillowtop system: The top of this mattress consists of a pillowtop system and it ensures your comfort.
- Puncture-resistant sides: The sides are velvety and feel super soft when touched. Also, punctures can be resisted.
- Edge lock construction: The edge lock ensures the stability of the mattress and provides more sleeping space.
- Carry bag: It comes with a carry bag and you can use it for easy transportation.
- Electric pump: This air mattress can be easily inflated because it comes with an internal electric pump.
The first air mattress that we have is the Intex Dura-Beam elevated air mattress. It is available in a trendy color and that is gray. It pretty much takes four minutes to be inflated.
It offers a decent weight capacity and even has a comfortable surface for sleeping. The bedsheet will not slip away. This mattress is highly recommended because it is perfect for everyday use. It comes with all the features that are needed in a good air mattress. You also get different size options too.
- Product Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 22 inches
- Item Weight: 22 pounds
- Superior comfort
- Increased stability
- Easy to store
- Affordable price
- It is slightly smaller than most mattresses
2. Therm-a-Rest MondoKing Self-Inflating Air Mattress – Best Air Mattress for RV
- Dual valves: The dual valves of this mattress are perfect for inflation.
- Versatile: It can be used for camping, RVing, and other outdoor activities.
People who have been searching for super versatile air mattresses should definitely try this one it. When we hear the word versatile, this air mattress comes to our mind!
This is a luxury air mattress that is self-inflating as well. It is perfect for using at camping trips, using at home and also for other travel.
It is a perfect air mattress for outdoor activities such as boating, RVing, or camping. It is a perfect mattress for hosting guests as well.
It is recommended for sure for its versatility!
- Item Weight: 6.8 pounds
- Large size
- Comes in a beautiful cover
- Inflates and expands easily
- Great for outdoor activities
- Big enough only for one person
3. Vremi Inflatable Queen Air Mattress – Best Waterproof Air Mattress
Water-proofing: This mattress has waterproofing on the top layer.
Carry bag: It comes with a bag that is used for storing the air mattress.
Pump: The built-in electric pump can be easily used to inflate it. However, if you want to use a manual pump, you can use that as well.
The next air mattress that we have is by Vremi and it is a perfect amalgamation of comfort, affordability, and convenience. You can easily use this air mattress for regular everyday use.
It is manufactured with strong PVC and has three layers. The soft top of the mattress is made with velvet and it feels super soft and comfy on the skin.
This mattress takes only four minutes to be completely inflated. In case, you have a friend over and you need a mattress in an emergency, you can easily inflate it with its electric pump that is built-in.
We highly recommend this air mattress because it distributes the bodyweight evenly. Also, it is durable so it can be used indoors and outdoors both. Pack it to your camping trip to sleep like a baby even in the outdoors.
- Product Dimensions: 80 x 62 x 21 inches
- Item Weight: 26 pounds
- Inflates and deflates quickly
- Easy to store and transport
- Feels smooth and soft on the skin
- Grips the sheets easily
- Comes in a bright blue color
- After a few days, the air starts leaking so you must inflate it again
4. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump
- Two pumps: The primary pump maintains the firmness and also easily inflates or deflates the mattress. The secondary pump on the other hand maintains the pressure of the air throughout the night.
- Coil construction: The coil construction in this mattress ensures that the users sleep on a comfortable surface.
- Raised height of the mattress: The height of the mattress is raised so you can easily get in and get out of the bed.
Third place is taken by Insta-bed, it comes in different colors and different size so depending upon your need and liking, you can pick out the desired one.
It is made of high-quality durable materials and for this reason, it is great for indoor and outdoor use. The most amazing thing about this air mattress is that it comes with two pumps. So, it inflates in less than four minutes which is the standard time of inflation of the other air mattresses.
It has the neverFLAT system that makes sure that the pressure of the air mattress is maintained throughout the night and you have to never feel any leaks. The primary pump consists of an auto shut off feature that shuts of the pump system when the mattress is fully inflated or deflated.
- Product Dimensions:80 x 60 x 19 inches
- Auto-shut off system
- Welded construction
- Soft top
- Suede top keeps the sheets in place
- Maintains the air pressure
- Slightly higher in price
5. Lazery Sleep Air Mattress Airbed with Built-in Electric Settings
- Carry bag: This portable mattress can be easily carried in a carry bag.
- Electric pump: It comes with a built-in electric pump that is capable of inflating the mattress in four minutes.
- Auto-shutoff: The pump system has the capability to auto-shutoff when the air mattress is completely inflated or deflated.
The fourth air mattress that we have on our list is the Lazery sleep air mattress. This mattress is double in height and is most suitable for guests and for camping. By having this mattress at home, you will be always welcoming your friends to stay the night, what can be better than that?
It has a variety of features that make it suitable for both indoors and outdoors. You simply need to inflate it and it is all set to be used.
- Item Weight: 14.82 pounds
- Firmness can be adjusted
- Auto deflation
- Comfort coil technology
It may not fit very well on a bed
6. Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo
- Coil construction: This air bed has a coil construction so it provides maximum support to the body.
- Leak-proof: The mattress doesn’t leak and remains firm all night.
- Side tables: For storage, this camping contains two pull-out design cup holders.
The brand Coleman is known to produce premium quality camping gear and on the fifth place on our list, we have the Coleman camping cot that comes with an air mattress.
The first thing to note about this camping cot is that it is a complete set, it comes with side tables, air mattress, and a battery-operated pump so you don’t need to invest into these things again.
The air mattress is leak-proof and it remains firm throughout the night. The cover is sewn in so it keeps the mattress in one place.
We highly recommend it to all the people who are fond of camping because this camping cot set will give the most comfortable experience while camping.
- Product Dimensions: 78 x 59 x 22 inches
- Item Weight: 41 pounds
- Strong steel frame
- The side tables have a cup holder design as well
- Mattress remains firm all night
- Provides support to the body
- Comes in two sizes
- Not very versatile
7. Sable Air Mattress Built-in Pillow Bed
- Air coils: The mattress consists of coils that adjust according to the shape of your body making the mattress more comfortable.
- Water-proof: The top layer of the mattress is skin-friendly and it is waterproof as well.
- Built-in electric pump: The air mattress consists of a built-in electric pump that allows easy inflation and deflation.
If you have been in search of maximum comfort, modern design and support for your body in an air mattress that we assure you that you will find all these things in this air mattress by Sable.
It comes in two different sizes.
The even better thing about this mattress is that it has an integrated raised design of pillow and the mattress adjusts according to the shape of your body. It is made with high-grade PVC and the top layer is waterproof so it can be used outdoors and indoors as well.
The top layer is super soft and comfortable so it becomes skin-friendly. We highly recommend it for camping, or for an extra room at your home or even for hosting guests.
Say goodbye to the stiffness of your old mattress with this air mattress!
- Product Dimensions: 90 × 54 × 17 inches
- Item Weight: 20.8 pounds
- Quick inflation and deflation
- Prevents leakage of air
- Skin-friendly top layer
- Integrated pillow design
- Chance of punctures if not handled gently
8. EnerPlex Never-Leak Queen Air Mattress with Built in Pump
- Two sizes: It comes in two sizes so you can pick out the one that you need.
- Raised height: The raised height makes it easy to get into the bed and to get out of the bed.
In the seventh place, we have an air mattress by EnerPlex. It is amazing because it takes only two minutes to inflate or deflate the air mattress. This timing of inflation or deflation is pretty rare.
This mattress was designed while keeping portability and comfort in view. It can be easily stored and transported and similarly, it can be quickly inflated. The coolest feature of this air mattress is the anti-slip bottom. So, no more slipping and sliding.
With the coil construction, this mattress provides firmness and support to the body. It is greatly recommended for its durability!
- Product Dimensions: 78 x 60 x 16 inches
- Item Weight: 19.29 pounds
- Durable construction
- Leakage free
- Maintains the pressure of the air
- Anti-slip bottom
- The sheets may not stay on it
9. King Koil Queen Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
- Waterproof: The top layer of this air mattress is waterproof hence; it can be used indoors and outdoors as well.
- Coil technology: The coil technology prevents sagging; it enhances support.
People who love black will definitely love this second last air mattress that is one our list. The King Koil air mattress is a perfect combo of comfort and quality. It comes in beige color as well so if you are someone who is impressed by its features but not really a fan of the color can opt for beige color.
It has a built-in pump that makes sure that the inflation and deflation is a fast process. It also provides maximum support and keeps your spine aligned. Since the top of this mattress is made with suede material, the sheets will remain in place.
Even though it comes in two colors, it comes only in one size. So, make sure that you are satisfied with the size.
Product Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 20 inches
Item Weight: 17 pounds
- Ensures alignment of the spine
- Inflate and deflate knobs are separate
- Built-in pump
- Comes only in one size
10. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology
- ComfortCoil technology: This air mattress has 40 individual coils and due to this it gives the needed support to the body.
- Carry bag: It can be deflated and then it can be easily carried in a carry bag.
A lot of the people feel that there is a lot of slipping and sliding on air mattresses but with this SoundAsleep air mattress, you will not have any complaints of this sort because it has internal air coils. They lead to the durability and stability of this air mattress.
Along with that, it comes with an internal pump or you can say built-in pump so you are able to easily inflate or deflate the mattress. All it needs is four minutes to be fully inflated.
The only drawback of this air mattress is that it comes in queen size. Queen-size is pretty decent for a single person to sleep, two people can sleep on it too but they will have to compromise their space. So, be sure to keep the size in mind when getting your hands on this air mattress.
Product Dimensions: 78″ x 58″ x 19″
Item Weight: 18.92 pounds
- Fast inflation and deflation
- Puncture resistant material
- Comfort-coil technology
- Comes with a carry bag
- Available only in queen size
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can two people sleep on an air mattress?
Yes, air mattresses come in different sizes. The king-sized or twin-sized air mattresses should provide enough space for two people to comfortably sleep. On a queen-sized air mattress, two people can sleep too but they may not be very comfortable.
What is the most durable air mattress?
The most durable air mattress is the lazery sleep mattress and this is because it comes with 40 coils. The coils increase the durability of the mattresses and it may last you for more than four years which is the average life of an air mattress. The coils not only ensure durability but they also provide the needed support to the body. Your spine remains aligned because of the firmness provided by the coils.
How long does an air mattress remain inflated?
On average, an air mattress may remain inflated for about 2-3 days. After 3 days, you will need to inflate the air mattress again so that the air can be maintained. There are some advanced air mattresses that contain dual pumps also known as primary pumps and secondary pumps. Both of these pumps combine together to maintain the pressure of the air mattress and they also make sure that the mattress remains inflated.
What is the weight capacity of air mattresses?
The weight capacity of air mattresses on average is 300 pounds. However, it is not the same for all. Some of them may have a lower weight capacity but there are some that have a higher weight capacity as well. You will even find air mattresses with a weight capacity of 600 pounds. So, you can get an air mattress with the desired weight capacity.
Why does an air mattress deflate without any holes?
It is true that after a few days, the air mattress becomes deflated without any holes or punctures. This is because the air mattress is not airtight. Also, the temperature and pressure on an air mattress also lead to a loss of air. Hence, the mattress becomes deflated or loses its firmness. So, it has to be inflated every third day.
Can duct tape or hot glue be used to seal holes on an air mattress?
Duct tape is certainly not a permanent fix. It may stop the loss of air temporarily but later on it will fall out when it dries out. People think that hot glue will end up being a permanent fix but the truth is, it will make the condition of your air mattress worse because the hot glue will melt the material and will end up making the hole bigger. So, it is certainly not a fix at all. Never try to seal the holes with a hot glue gun because it will not work. We know its tempting, but don’t!
The whole idea behind the creation of this article was to give you all the important info regarding air mattresses so that you end up making a rational decision.
You don’t have to hurry, take your time, compare and contrast, and then pick out an air mattress that will be suitable for your need. Don’t forget to calculate your budget, you surely don’t want to overspend.
Air mattress, as soft as a cloud!